Do you own an iphone? Help to keep your data safe here.
If so, follow the instructions below to keep your data from being stolen. It only takes a few minutes and gives you more chance of getting your phone back if it is lost or stolen.
1. Select Settings
2. Click General
3. Select Restrictions
4. Set a Restrictions passcode
5. Click Enable Restrictions
6. Look for Deleting Apps and toggle the switch from On to Off. This will mean that no one can delete an app such as Find My iPhone without your Restrictions passcode
7. Scroll down the list of options until you reach the Privacy section, here you’ll find a link to Locations Services, click it
8. Select Don’t Allow Changes. This will mean it is impossible for a robber to disable the Find My iPhone application from broadcasting your GPS. You will now need manually to approve all new apps to access your location data.
9. Go back to the main Restrictions menu and select Accounts, changing this setting to Don’t Allow Changes. This makes it impossible for a mugger to disconnect your iCloud account that connects to Find My iPhone.
10. If your iPhone is stolen, it is only going to transmit its location for as long as a SIM card is inserted and is active. You may therefore wish not to inform your mobile provider in the case of a robbery until you have met the police
Information taken from Lincolnshire Police facebook page.