In an ever-evolving technology focused world, fraudsters are finding new ways to target people for their money and personal information, particularly those that are more vulnerable.
We had great feedback from our event back in March, and so to raise awareness and help protect our community, Leicestershire Police are hosting another free Fraud & Cyber Protection Conference at Police Headquarters, on Friday 9th November.
Who is the event aimed at?
What will it entail?
- Anybody who has been a victim of fraud or cyber-crime
- Anybody who is concerned about fraud and cyber-crime, who would like to learn more in order to protect themselves and their families
- Anybody who works or volunteers with elderly or vulnerable communities who could help us raise awareness of the most common issues and spread best practice advice
- An introduction into fraud investigation, and how Leicestershire Police work with Action Fraud to respond to reported incidents of fraud
- Fraud prevention and doorstep crime advice, with a focus on recent fraud trends
- Cyber-crime protection advice, helping you to stay safe on your computer
- Buffet lunch included
When and where is it?
- The Lecture Theatre, Leics Police HQ, LE19 2BX
- Friday 9th November
- 10am - 3pm
I’m interested, what do I need to do?
Places are limited and so booking is required. If you would like to join us, please email FVOContact@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk, or telephone 0116 248 5322 to reserve place(s) – cut-off date October 31st. There is no charge for this event.
This will be a repeat of the event held on the 23rd March 2018, and the content will be the same. Due to demand, those who did not attend our previous event will be prioritised.